Depending on the resolution and pixels, PSD, JPEG, TIFF files gets blurry when enlarged. Thumbnail JPGs or GIFs cannot be used for large prints. If submitting these files please follow these guidelines.
100% scale (full size output) at 100 dpi
50% scale at 200 dpi or higher
25% scale at 300 dpi or higher
10% scale at 600-1200 dpi
Please make sure your artwork size is the same exact size of your order. Also,do not include any bleed or crop marks.
- Flatten all Objects/Gradients/Swatches/Symbols/Special Effects/Transparencies - Outline all text - Flattened PDF (Single Page) or JPEG file types only - Remove all crop marks/bleed otherwise they will be printed - File must be the same exact size as what is ordered (exception is Gallery wrap Fold Edge and Products with templates) - CMYK only (we do not print Pantone/5th/Spot/RGB) - 150 dpi - If using a template, the file uploaded to our site should match the exact "template size" (different than "graphic size"). - Do not scale template files, just flatten them and save at 150 dpi - Files over 200" can be scaled - Under 300 mb for upload
***Remove EVERYTHING from your file that you do not want printed on the final product - especially hidden layers and template guidelines.
- Make sure all objects are embedded and flattened (we do not print Non-Native Art).
- If the file is made in Indesign, please flatten the file in Illustrator or Photoshop and export to a JPEG ONLY as we don't recommend using Indesign at our facility.
- If using Compound Paths to create transparencies/shapes, please completely rasterize or flatten them into the file or they may print incorrectly.
- We do not have specific measurements for Panel jobs. If you are printing in Panels, please make sure you are providing a minimum of 1" overlay in your files.
Template set up (general directions):
- Design on a layer on top of our template - Once the design is made, delete the entire layer that includes the blue space/text/guidelines we provide or else they will be printed - Flatten all objects/transparencies/gradients/swatches and outline all text - Save the file as a flattened PDF or JPEG full size at 150 dpi - The size of the file uploaded to the website should be exactly the same size as the template was provided, including the artboard (white) space in the file
+ Our template is used as a guide or reference to show general placement of logos/graphic elements + We print on white material, if you leave an area blank it will print white + For Advertising Flags, leave a safety margin of at least 2" from all edges to prevent text from being cut off/hemmed over.
At this time, Blue Cactus Printing can only accept one artwork file per job. Please create one job per artwork you intend to submit. This can be done quickly on the product page by uploading different artwork.
Yes, but each item must use the same design, embroidery size and thread colors to qualify for a bulk discount. For example, a design in white thread on black polos and navy crewneck sweatshirts can be combined for one bulk order to help lower your cost.
Yes, but each item must use the same design, print size and ink colors to qualify for a bulk discount. For example, a design in white ink on black t-shirts and navy long sleeve t-shirts can be combined for one bulk order to help lower your cost.
Hooded Sweatshirts and Raglan t-shirts are always considered unique orders and can not be combined with other product styles due to the smaller print sizes needed for those garments. An example would be 24 short sleeve t-shirts and 24 hoodies would be priced out as 2 different orders of 24 items each.
All orders are scheduled to ship within 7 business days after final art approval and payment verification. Rush service is available for an additional fee. Please contact us if rush service is required on screen printed t-shirts.
Yes, for sales related information we welcome any of our clients to meet with us in person at our Arcadia, California location. Our showroom is open Monday thru Friday from 10:00am to 5:00pm. Our showroom has our top selling garments as well as various samples of past work.